Community Design Center of Minnesota
Garden Corps Internship
Our Garden Corps youth internship is an intensive hands-on training program that provides low-income St. Paul teens with career skills in sustainable agriculture and entrepreneurship. Teen interns plant and maintain seven St. Paul vegetable, herb and flower gardens, operate farmers’ market stands at Swede Hollow and Mill City Farmers Market, operate a 25-member Salad Share CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Program and create and market value-added garden products.
All interns have the following opportunities:
- Learn job skills related to ecology and sustainable agriculture, public speaking and community engagement.
- Explore career opportunities in fields related to agriculture, nutrition, ecology, restoration and the environment.
- Develop healthy eating and active living skills.
- Develop an ethic of environmental stewardship.
- Develop leadership skills around environmental issues.